Whether you are talking about our great fashion forward product selection, our ever changing, beautifully designed showroom, or just plain old merchandising savvy, our company is dedicated to continued sales growth. We have been the largest family owned and operated furniture store in Rochester, New York for the last 83 years, and take pride in our local family of employees. Our incredible employees share a passion for service and flair for design has earned us the title the “Best Local Furniture Store in Rochester, New York” for the past thirteen years.
Our work environment is fun, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic, and we are looking for talented, hardworking individuals to come join our team. Come grow with us and you’ll see that we truly recognize, appreciate, and reward those who show exceptional performance.
Ruby-Gordon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experienced Sales Associate
Ruby-Gordon is the largest family owned and operated furniture store in the Greater Rochester, New York area and we’re looking for enthusiastic, career-minded, self-motivated individuals to work in a professional retail business environment. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic and above average communication skills. We are looking for someone who is passionate about success and helping people, someone who is willing to put in the work needed to reach their goals. You must be driven, yet humble and coachable. This is a commissions based job. THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE! BUT this is a REAL opportunity to make REAL BIG money. If this sounds like something you would enjoy and be successful at, then apply now!
- Assist customers in selecting the right product for them throughout the day
- Assist co-workers in maintaining showroom integrity, look, and feel before and after doors close
- Continuous learning about new product on the floor as well as placement around the showroom
- Keep appraised of competitor sales and product offerings
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends
- Dress for success in a showroom environment.
- Consult with customers in finding the right home furnishing pieces that fit their needs.
- Continuously building customer relationships through interpersonal and follow-up skills.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals in a commission based environment.
- Be persistent and have patience while building your business with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Have an eye for detail and a passion for fashion.
- Must have strong communications skills.
- Ability to work with computers and learn new programs.
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to move about a large showroom and attend to customer needs over an 8-12 hour work period.
RubyGordon provides a competitive benefits program to ensure the continued success of our employees while also understanding life's demands. We are continuously working to improve our benefit offerings as we understand that everyone is unique and their needs change.
- Performance Based Compensation of up to 7% commission
- 4 to 5 work week available
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company matching
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Ruby-Gordon Training Program
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous Employee Discounts
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
Email your resume to email@example.com.